Competition Terms & Conditions
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of The Jai Jais by winning a signed print of a specially drawn picture of your child/children with their favourite god or character from the series.
To enter simply purchase The Jai Jais Diwali book via our store and you will be entered automatically into our prize draw, from which a winner will be selected at random. If you are lucky enough to have already purchased the book then do not worry as you will also be entered into the prize draw.
The winner can choose to have their picture done in either the style of the illustrations seen in our main series or that of the Baby Jai Jais series.
Closing dateThe closing date for this competition is 31 October 2018 at 23:59. Any purchases made after this time will not be included.
The prize draw will be made on the 2nd November 2018, with the winner announced on The Jai Jais Facebook page.
If you win then you will be asked to email us a picture of the child/children you would like drawn. If you do not wish to send us a photo then a description of your child will be fine. The final drawing will be posted on social media. If selected and you do not wish for this to happen then you can opt out of prize and another winner will be selected at random.
Terms and conditions apply and can be found on our website at www.thejaijais.com.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who purchase The Jai Jais Diwali book (ISBN 978-1-78926-447-0) via Jai Jais shopify store.
- Artist has the right to refuse to draw any person or character that they deem offensive. Request to do so will forfeit entry to competition.
- Likeness of you child/children is not guarateed. Picture will be done in style limited to those already seen published Jai Jais library.
- Employees or agencies of The Jai Jais Limited its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Only one entry per person. Multiple purchases of The Jai Jais Diwali book by same person will still be classified as a singular entry.
- The Jai Jais accepts no responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by The Jai Jais .
- The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 2nd November 2018. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on 3 November 2018.
- The winner will receive a 210mmx210mm print signed by the artist. Images are produced on computer and only actual hand drawn work will be the rough sketches as proof of creation.
- The Jai Jais accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, framing or display of drawing).
- The winner will be notified by email on the 3rd November 2018
- Entrants must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to The Jai Jais within 14 days of notification, then the winner's prize will be forfeited another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and The Jai Jais shall be entitled to select another winner.
- The prize will be sent to the winner by The Jai Jais by post.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- The winner will be required to allow picture to be placed on social media. Refusal to do so will forfeit winning of the prize.
- The Jai Jais accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. The Jai Jais further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of The Jai Jais for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- The Jai Jais reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of The Jai Jais in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Jai Jais shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.