We all make our house a home, and want positive vibes and good energy around us in our homes. According to ancient traditions and beliefs each home comes with its own energies, it needs to radiate the right kind of energy. This can influence the people in the house. So what actually is Vastu Shastra? It’s a healing art bringing positivity and good vibes into our home.
Vastu is an ancient Indian science of architecture and buildings. To make the most of the elements energy fields to attract wealth, health, prosperity and happiness. Vastu Shastra unifies the science, art, astronomy and astrology. Literally translating to “the science of architecture”, Vastu Shastra lays down the principles of design, layout, measurements, ground preparation, space arrangement and spatial geometry for a home or any built-up structure; sometimes incorporating traditional Hindu religious beliefs, the theories of Vastu provide ideas and concepts for making a living space harmonious with nature, not restricted to rigid layout diagrams.
Vastu is the science of directions that combine the five elements and balance them with man made material. Taking advantage of the Paanchbhootas, and carving a path to be happiness.
While the science of Vastu illustrates architectural principles for building a structure, it also offers guidelines for the home interior design that means room layouts but also home decorations. Using Vastu rules we can bring positivity into our homes. I will definitely be looking more into this and giving tips to Vastu rules for our homes soon.
Vastu Shastra explains that all things in the universe have a level of energy and that every building or land has a vibration of energy associated with it. The universe is built of positive and negative energy. Vastu aims at eliminating the negative energy and enhancing the positive energy.
Read more in our blog of how Vastu Shastra is important:
- Helps with Financial Prosperity
- Career Stability
- Academic Growth
- Improving Relationships
- Helps in maintaining good physical & mental health
There is much more which can be achieved with the help of Vastu.
Elements and It’s Dominant Directions
As per Vastu, the universe is made of 5 elements namely Earth, Air, Space, Fire, and Water. It says that the balance of these elements is very important for attracting positivity at home. Every element has a dominant direction as follow:
- Earth- Prithvi: It is known for providing stability and patience. It dominates the centre and diagonal directions in every corner.
- Air- Vayu: Known for bringing the element of fun and happiness in life, it dominates the East.
- Space- Akasha: It represents cognitive energy & mental space. Space is responsible for all form of social energies, and it dominates west.
- Fire- Agni: The energy of fire represents confidence, money, and success. It dominates the South.
- Water- Jal: Water is one of the major supporting elements of human life. Hence it is associated with immunity & health. It dominates the North