Akha Teej, also known as “Akshaya Tritiya” is an auspicious day for Hindus and Jains. It is considered a special day for new beginnings. It is one of the brightest and luckiest days of Hindu religions.
The word “Akshaya Tritiya” in Sanskrit means the eternal, the never diminishing sense of happiness, success and joy' and 'Tritiya' stands for 'third'. The festival is believed to bring good fortune, prosperity, wealth and success. It also believes that if one performs an charitable act they will be blessed. Some people buy gold or silver as it is believed to bring prosperity in the coming future and invite Goddess Lakshmi. Also if investments are made they are fruitful. It is also considered very auspicious to be born on this day. In no scriptures you will find mention about buying or creating wealth on this occasion, the most powerful things is charity, and at this time #helpindiabreathe
The day has lots of significance:
- It is the birthday of Lord Parashurama, one of the ten Dashavataras of Lord Vishnu.
- It is the starting day of Treta Yuga after Satya Yuga.
- It is the day when Sudama offered Aval to Lord Krishna, who in turn blessed him with bountiful wealth and happiness.
- Lord Krishna gave the Akshaya Patra to Draupadi when the Pandavas started for the Vanavasa, so that they always has food in abundance.
- Veda Vyasa started writing the epic Mahabharata.
- The Holy Ganges descended upon the Earth.
Let us celebrate this auspicious festival with great fervour and receive bountiful wealth, prosperity and happiness.